Admit it ... we had you at bacon. It wasn't the promise of a hassle-free breakfast (or lunch or dinner) or the deliciousness of our Burns and McCoy White Balsamic Vinaigrette. It was the bacon. It's okay. We don't judge. But this dish IS free of hassle and ready in under 40 minutes. It is mostly set it and forget it. So toss together everything but the eggs. Throw it in the oven, and ease into your morning with a cup of coffee.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
2 lbs brussel sprouts
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
4 slices bacon, diced
Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Prep brussel sprouts by cutting off the brown ends of the sprouts and pulling off any yellow outer leaves. Place the sprouts in a bowl.
3. Add vinaigrette, pepper, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder to bowl. Stir to coat to brussel sprouts.
4. Spread brussel sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet prepped with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Sprinkle diced bacon.
5. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes until brussel sprouts are fork tender and bacon is crispy.
6. Take tray out and make four to six wells. Crack an egg into well taking care not to break the yolk.
7. Sprinkle each egg with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
8. Bake at 400F until egg whites set; approximately 8 minutes.
Help us celebrate the #YearofYum. Take a snap pic and tag us @burnsandmccoy.