Our dessert game is still going strong. And as the temps continue to sore into the 90s, ice cream has been calling our names. One of the Burns and McCoy family has a particular love for all things peanut butter. So we've combined peanut butter with Exhoressco for an easy no-churn treat. We strongly encourage sticking with the 1/4 tsp of hot sauce in this recipe. It is plenty hot. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 to 4 depending on how big you like your servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook ... er, Freeze Time: 3+ hours
1/4 c smooth peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 tsp Exhoressco
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne
Pinch of salt
1 c heavy cream
1 c peanut butter cookies + one more cookie, coarsely crushed
1/4 c chopped honey roasted peanuts
Optional: additional toppings include honey drizzle, chopped peanuts, crushed peanut brittle, whipped cream, and crushed cookies
1. Place a 9x5 glass or metal loaf pan in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Combine peanut butter, honey, and hot sauce in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
3. Stir together sweetened condensed milk, red pepper flakes, cayenne, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until firm peaks form. This takes about 2 minutes.
5. Fold half of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula until combined. Then fold the condensed milk mixture into the remaining whipped cream until combined.
6. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into the chilled pan. Drop small drops of the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with crushed cookies.
7. Pour remaining milk mixture into top. Sprinkle chopped peanuts and one crushed cookie over top. Cover and freeze until solid (3+ hours).
8. Scoop and serve with preferred toppings.
Help us celebrate the #YearofYum. Make one of our recipes, take a snap pic, and tag us @burnsandmccoy.