Here is another satisfying and easy appetizer. We used Burns and McCoy Tomatillo Jalapeno Mint salsa to provide a nice level of heat in a recipe that pulls together in mere minutes. If you fancy yourself a bit of an overachiever, make up a batch of your favorite biscuits as a base. Or skip to the easy part by using canned jumbo buttermilk biscuits (not the flaky kind). Do yourself a favor and make a double batch. These freeze well and heat up with a zap in the microwave in 15 seconds.
Servings: 16 poppers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1 can jumbo buttermilk biscuits (not the flaky kind)
1/2 c Shredded cheese (we used cracked pepper cheddar)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray mini muffin tin with cook spray. Set aside.
2. Cut biscuits into sixths and place in a bowl. Pour salsa over the biscuits and stir until evenly coated.
3. Place three biscuit pieces into each muffin cup. Spoon left over salsa over the top of the poppers. Top with shredded cheese.
4. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes until biscuits are browning and the cheese is melted.
5. Let cool for a couple minutes. Remove popper from muffin tin and serve warm.
Help us celebrate the #YearofYum. Take a snap pic and tag us @burnsandmccoy.