The combination of cooler temperatures and the aftermath of the holidays have us headed for hibernation. We're desperate for a warm up and kick in the pants to get moving. Enter this Reaper Verde Black Bean Plantain Stew. It is reminiscence of comfort foods, but different enough to add some flare to our long, dark days. The stew pulls together in 40 minutes. It is the perfect accompaniment to the January blues.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 c black beans, cooked (or 2 cans)
1 tbsp oil (we used ghee)
3 gloves garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt + more to taste
1/4 tsp pepper + more to taste
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 14 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
3 c broth
2 tbsp Burns and McCoy Reaper Verde
1. Cook beans if needed. Chop plantains and dice the onion. Mince the garlic.
2. In a sauce pan over medium heat, cook the onions for 3 to 5 minutes. Then add the plantains, and cook until they brown approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and spices (ginger, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper) and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Pour in rice vinegar, tomatoes, broth, and hot sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes until plantains are tender.
5. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Make one of our recipes, take a snap pic, and tag us @burnsandmccoy.
Recipe adapted from Afro Vitality Eats.
Make your night with Independent escorts service in Delhi they are waiting for you they will make you happy any time and they are best escorts service provider in Delhi.